Concurrency pulled together clients and our sales executive team for an Executive Briefing at Crave in Minneapolis to discuss a recent client success. A Midwest airline completed a success data project with Concurrency using PowerBI, Azure Databricks and Data Lake to load and analyze booking data across their enterprise. This foundational build was a critical first step towards becoming a data driven organization. The brief was attended by several other clients who are planning to embark on a similar engagement and wanted to learn more about the Modern Data platform process.
*Sample dashboard, not actual data
As with any good data project, the goal is not only to load and transform data into a mechanism that provides value, but also to prepare for the future. The future is predictive analytics and the ability to forecast, trend and report to executive leadership to drive business decisions. The client that presented at the luncheon is, at times, trapped with the cost of jet fuel and other business expenses that cannot be avoided, so every decision needs the strongest case to move forward in the right direction.
Not only did our client roll out a new reporting front end after working with us on the infrastructure, and Organizational Change Management activities, they also replaced their entire customer facing ticketing system and had changes to their internal team. All of this change happened at the same time and for many companies the cost of this change would be a high impact. Our client was able to move seamlessly through this change with ease due to several factors:
- Scope Creep was Avoided
- The client worked with Concurrency to develop a scope that added value, moved development work into production, and yet did not attempt to tackle every aspect of the project. We partnered to determine what would add the most value for the project and remained resolve in that effort, no matter what.
- Strong Executive Sponsorship
- Our primary Executive Sponsor was well informed, partnered with us by staying engaged, and helped to drive the project by removing roadblocks. We also appreciated his ability to see the overall strategy and act forward thinking.
- Strong Partnership with Concurrency
- When we start a project we will be dedicated. Our dedication will not add value if we are not matted by dedication on the client side. Together our one team will drive the project forward. The client team was dedicated to this project and along with the sponsor, it was a win-win!