In my last post, I talked about that ServiceNow knowledgebase supporting different languages and different language search functionality. In this post, I am going to go through ServiceNow System localization. System Localization allows different non-English ServiceNow users to use their own languages and currencies within the instance! In my post, I go through the basic configuration of system localization.
Set localization properties
In this section, I will walk through how to set up localization properties. Note: You must activate the Internationalization plugin function. You can check my last blog for activating Internationalization plugin function.
1.Navigate to System Properties → System Localization
Click activate on “Show the language select box on the login page to allow the user to specify the language they would like to be logged in with.”
2. Let us check what happened in log in page
It looks we have language option with language choices!
3. As the example, I choose Chinese and log in.
4. You will see User interface in Chinese version. And you can search Chinese in the navigator field.
5. It is very cool we can log in with a different language. However, as a user, you may not want to choose language every time you log in. I wonder if we can specify a language for a user?
The answer is Yes!!!!!
Next, I will go through how to specify a language for a user
6. First, let us navigate to User Administration → Users In my example, I will choose “Alex Ray” to set Chinese as his default language.
7. Click “Alex Ray” and you will see this user form open. Browse to find the language field. Note: If you cannot find language filed, you can configure the form and add it.
8. Choose “Chinese” and update form. Let us test it. At the log in page, enter username and password.
Hit Enter. You will Chinese user interface.
In summary, I just went through very basic localization configuration in this post. In my next post, I will explore more complex functions. For example, how to translate new customizations. Thanks for reading!!!