Brookfield, WI, — March 26, 2014 —
Concurrency, Inc. consultant Steve Buchanan will present this week at Concurrency’s “Minnesota Modern Datacenter Conference” for information technology leaders. Buchanan is a Microsoft System Center expert and an active Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in the “System Center Cloud and Datacenter Management” category.
Buchanan recently joined Concurrency as an infrastructure architect and regional solution lead in Minnesota. Prior to joining Concurrency, Buchanan held infrastructure architect roles at other Microsoft partner organizations. He is a two-time Microsoft MVP and author of several technical books focused on the System Center platform.
[caption id="attachment_25624" align="alignright" width="150"]
Commenting on his hiring at Concurrency, Buchanan said, “I joined Concurrency for the culture, the strong leadership team, and the ability to work with legends in the System Center and infrastructure space. When I announced I was joining Concurrency I received an outpouring of congratulations from people in the MVP and other technical communities. Knowledge sharing is a big part of the Concurrency culture and one of my own core values. I look forward to the Minnesota Modern Datacenter Conference this week as the first of many events to come.”
At the datacenter event, Buchanan will be joined by Nathan Lasnoski, also a Microsoft MVP in the System Center area. Lasnoski is Infrastructure Practice Director and Architect at Concurrency.
The conference will meet from 9:00 a.m. to noon on Friday, March 28 at the Microsoft office located at 3601 West 76th Street in Edina. There is no cost to attend. Those interested in attending are invited to visit the event registration page for additional information:
Specific topics will include how Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2, and Windows 8.1 work together to help provision and manage cloud and data center infrastructure, provide business continuity, deliver services, and manage applications:
System Center 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012 R2
- System Center 2012 R2 provides a unified management toolset that spans infrastructure provisioning and monitoring, automation and self-service, application performance monitoring, and IT service management.
- Deliver a comprehensive cloud and datacenter management solution across your on-premises environments, hosting service providers, and Windows Azure.
- Leverage the service automation capabilities – including built-in PowerShell workflows – to drive down costs and simplify service delivery.
- Unlock powerful mobile device management capabilities in combination with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and Windows Intune.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 offers new features and enhancements across virtualization, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, and access and information protection.
- Proven, enterprise-class virtualization and cloud platform that can scale to continuously run your largest workload.
- Manage identities across your datacenter and federated into the cloud, provide flexible remote access to applications and resources.
- In concert with Windows Azure and System Center 2012 R2, it unlocks improved application portability between on-premises environments and clouds, increasing flexibility and elasticity of your IT services.
- Windows 8.1 offers new features under the hood to make it the fastest, most secure, and easier to manage Microsoft operating system for desktop, laptop, or tablet.
- Improved Mobile Device Management provides a consistent experience access applications, data and devices.
- Turn your Windows 8.1 mobile broadband-enabled PC or tablet into a personal Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing other devices to access the internet.
- Configuration options available which will allow you to boot directly to the desktop in Windows 8.1.
Founded in 1989, Concurrency, Inc.
architects and integrates across all Microsoft enterprise platforms: SharePoint, System Center, Lync, Exchange, and Dynamics CRM, both on-premises and in the cloud. Concurrency specializes in helping clients with their transition to the cloud, specifically Office 365 and Azure.
As a consulting organization, Concurrency helps clients realize more value from their technology investments and increase business productivity by delivering creative solutions that consider people, process, and technology needs. Microsoft has recognized Concurrency with multiple partner-of-the-year awards, including 2012 Microsoft Content Management Partner of the Year, 2012 Microsoft Central Region Partner of the Year, and 2012 & 2011 Microsoft Midwest Area Partner of the Year.