Publication of Book Co-Authored by Concurrency’s Steve Buchanan: “System Center 2012 Service Manager Unleashed”
Minneapolis, MN — October 17, 2014 — Concurrency, Inc. is proud to announce that Steve Buchanan, Regional Solution Lead / Architect for its Minneapolis office, is co-author of a book published this month by Sam’s Publishing in its popular “Unleashed” series. “System Center 2012 Service Manager Unleashed” is available in both paperback and Amazon Kindle formats.
Buchanan, a multi-year Microsoft MVP in System Center technologies, co-authored the book with Kerrie Meyler, MVP; Kurt Van Hoecke, MVP; and Samuel Erskine, MCT, MCTS.
In addition to his MVP status, Buchanan holds MCITP and MCSE Microsoft credentials. He has worked in IT for 14 years with a focus on systems management. Buchanan co-authored “Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 SP1” (Packt, 2013) and wrote “Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010” (Packt, 2011). For more on Steve’s adventures in systems management and cloud technologies, visit his blog at www.buchatech.com.
Following are publication details of the new book and a description from the publisher:
System Center 2012 Service Manager Unleashed
• ISBN-13: 978-0672337079
• ISBN-10: 067233707X
• 1st Edition
• 960 Pages
This comprehensive resource will help you automate and optimize all facets of service management with System Center 2012 Service Manager.
Expert consultants offer deep “in the trenches” insights for improving problem resolution, change control, release management, asset lifecycle management, chargeback, and more. You’ll learn how to implement high-value best practices from ITIL and the Microsoft Operations Framework.
The authors begin with an expert overview of Service Manager, its evolution, and its new capabilities. Next, they walk through overall planning, design, implementation, and upgrades. Then, to help you focus your efforts, they present stepwise coverage of all topics in each feature area, linking technical information about Service Manager with essential knowledge about the technologies it depends on.
Whatever your role in deploying or running Service Manager, this guide will help you deliver more responsive support at lower cost and drive more value from all your IT investments.
• Leverage MOF and ITIL processes built into System Center 2012 Service Manager
• Plan and design your Service Manager deployment
• Install Service Manager or upgrade from earlier versions
• Efficiently administer work and configuration items
• Use connectors to integrate with Active Directory, Exchange, and System Center components
• Create service maps
• Enable end user access through Service Manager’s self-service portal
• Implement incident, problem, change, and release management
• Utilize workflows to automate key support processes
• Create service level agreements with calendars, metrics, and objectives
• Provide quick access to a standardized catalog of services
• Use notification to ensure that Service Manager items are promptly addressed
• Secure Service Manager and its data warehouse/reporting platform
• Perform maintenance, backup, and recovery
• Manage Service Manager performance
• Customize Service Manager
Founded in 1989, Concurrency, Inc. architects and integrates across all Microsoft enterprise platforms: SharePoint, System Center, Lync, Exchange, and Dynamics CRM, both on-premises and in the cloud. Concurrency specializes in helping clients with their transition to the cloud, specifically Office 365 and Azure.
As a consulting organization, Concurrency helps clients realize more value from their technology investments and increase business productivity by delivering creative solutions that consider people, process, and technology needs. Microsoft has recognized Concurrency with multiple partner-of-the-year awards, including 2014 Microsoft Partner of the Year Finalist in Management and Virtualization; 2012 Microsoft Content Management Partner of the Year; 2012 Microsoft Central Region Partner of the Year; and 2012 & 2011 Microsoft Midwest Area Partner of the Year.