Soon SharePoint 2016 will be unveiled.
I wonder if it will have what I want it to have.
Here is my wish list:
- Written with asp.net 5
- It would be very cool that during the installation, it will go get what is still missing as a NuGet package instead of giving a nasty error.
- Self-updateable if we so wish.
- Smaller footprint will make somewhat quicker maybe.
- Use only .NET core. Maybe installable on Linux
- Use bootstrap in the out of the box master pages. Make it easy on us please.
- Some visual designer.
- Only support HTML5 and up. No more backward compatibility with IE8 issues.
- Real breadcrumbs in all console admin pages (Like it should have been since 2007)
- May the names we give application pools, for all the services, be visible in IIS manger’s application pools list.